http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/personal A Day in the Life of 'the' Ugly Girl: The Climb

Welcome to My World

You might be wondering why I chose such a title for my blog?
There is a lot of things people don't know about me... I have a lot of 'inward' struggles that I go through day-to-day. I'm sure most people do. But I need a release place; a place I can go to when I feel 'under the weather', a place where no one can judge me, a place where I can feel safe. And so I've created this little place.

Thanks for taking a bit of time out of your day, to take a step into my head... x

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Climb

Ive lost about 3kgs so far on Simply Slim! Yay! So it works!!! lol. Well i know it does. I have almost no appetite, im always thirsty - so my water intake is increasing, i feel it in my clothes, and the scale tells me so! haha!

Again, its been a really crazy week at work. Late nights, etc.

Last night we had a scare - we woke up to our dogs barking, and someone shouting for us at the gate... it was just after 2am. So we went to the front, and it was a guy who is part of the 'neighbourhood watch' where we stay. He told us that people saw men jump into our yard, and now they cant find them... and that they've blocked off our roads so that whoever it is, cant escape. He asked if he could come into our yard to check if they're hiding or if we would check... we let him in... he even asked if we have a weapon on us...which we didn't. He checked with a torch and saw nothing. Then he came to the front again, and apologized for waking us up... and also told us there are about 30 cars circling the area trying to find them. He also told us about the meeting they have once a week which we are welcome to join.
Obviously I couldn't really sleep after that...

I'm also sick as a dog. Flu that went straight into my chest in like a day!!! Crazy! I've never gotten sick so quick... I feel terrible.

I haven't been eating dinner this week... which i think is awesome!!! I will get to work, have a small breakfast, like muesli or somethin... and then at lunch time, a sandwich with ham on or marmite or whatever...and that's that. So my intake has been pretty good.

I'm very under the weather today... Started from this morning, when i went onto hubby's facebook profile, and i saw that he had left a comment or two on one of our 'girl' friend's status's... it really hurt cos he never even comments on my status's or comments on the nice notes i leave him, etc...
Her status was ''Loving the rain'', and he commented ''Great for snuggling'', then she said something-nothing important-and he replied ''Why?Are you a night or dark lover? LOL'' WTF?!! He's such a flirt... I wish he would flirt with me a little...
Anyway, i got to work, and it was crazy busy... hubby had to drive to jhb for 3 deliveries, and i had to go to 2 suppliers...
There's just tooo much to explain via writing, but needless to say, everything is getting too much for me... I feel like running away. Not telling anyone, and just disappearing....(pulling a stunt like Sherri did)... I doubt i'd do it, but thats how i feel. I just feel so overwhelmed, so emotional - just depressed.
I think that's why I'm hardly eating too...

I'm going to post the words of a song - Miley Cyrus's ~The Climb. You all know it, but the words ring true to how I feel.

I can almost see it

That dream I’m dreaming but
There’s a voice inside my head sayin,
You’ll never reach it,
Every step I’m taking,
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
I got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

There’s always going to be another mountain
I’m always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,
Ain’t about how fast I get there,
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s the climb

The struggles I’m facing,
The chances I’m taking
Sometimes it might knock me down but
No I’m not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I’m going to remember most yeah
Just got to keep going

And I,
I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on,

Cause there’s always going to be another mountain
I’m always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm going to have to lose,
Ain’t about how fast I get there,
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s the climb

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment