http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/personal A Day in the Life of 'the' Ugly Girl: *Sherri*

Welcome to My World

You might be wondering why I chose such a title for my blog?
There is a lot of things people don't know about me... I have a lot of 'inward' struggles that I go through day-to-day. I'm sure most people do. But I need a release place; a place I can go to when I feel 'under the weather', a place where no one can judge me, a place where I can feel safe. And so I've created this little place.

Thanks for taking a bit of time out of your day, to take a step into my head... x

Sunday, February 14, 2010

*Sherri*

So, I'm dedicating this blog to my fave cousin in this whole wide world... It doesn't matter how hurt, cross, & upset I am! I still love her with my whole heart!

So here's the story... Sherri was with her boyfriend for about 3yrs... and then left him. The reason: he hit her one too many times. The last straw was when they were at a club on the eastrand - Nicci Beach! She asked one of the bouncers to take a pic of them with her camera...and he flew off the lid because she gave her camera to a black man! I mean, come on!!! He's a bouncer for goodness sake! So he backhanded her down a flight of stairs...she thought he was on his way down to help her up, when he hit her down the next flight of stairs. She thought her nose was broken!! She was bleeding! That wasn't the first time... A year or so ago, they had come this side for the weekend for our other cousins 21st. After the 21st, her and the bf, came with us to a club...on our way out the club, she recognised a far cousin of hers, who is leb(not on my side), and she said hi. Now, porra's and lebs do not get on! He almost got into a fight with the guy for no reason...on our way home(they were in the back of the bakkie), they had a huge fight - he apparently strangled her. when she tried to scream for my help, he tightened his grip...then eventually let go... when we got to my place...she was in tears...and told me everything in the bedroom. She even developed an ED while with him... she weighed something like 48kgs when she got home.

Now everything was great... She had left him - moved back this side...we had a welcome home party for her... she and one of our other friends were showing interest in eachother...he's an awesome guy, and the total opposite of what she knows... she wasn't ready for a relationship yet, but they were working on their friendship, etc... she was mending her friendships with everyone... 
Last thursday evening, before we went to a club... i fetched her from her parents place so that she could come and get ready by me... on our way home... she was on the phone to her ex the whole time...he wanted to pitch up at the club...but we all would've made sure his ass got kicked so hard that he never would've set his feet near my cuz again. Well he didn't pitch up. I was upset with her though, because she lets him walk all over her... even though they weren't even together anymore. I think that is the reason she didn't tell me :(

We all had fun that night... partied hard. I never heard from her after that... All I know is that sunday, her ex was going to go and apologize to her parents face-to-face... Today, when I logged onto facebook, I noticed she had deleted her profile. Then I got very suspicious...
I sms'd her mom to find out what was going on? If she was ok, etc as I haven't heard from her...
She replied that Sherri had gone back to her ex... She told her mother that she was going to Warmbaths for the weekend, which was a lie. She never told any of her friends. She also changed her cellphone number. 

I am so upset! She is supposed to be my best friend! She never even told me anything - She never even said goodbye. :-( 

When I spoke to our mutual friends, they were all told that she was going to one of her aunts for the weekend. Just the night before 'that sunday' - she had told all of us, this is the year for new beginnings, friendships, etc. 

I'm soooo worried about her - how will she be able to contact us if she needs us?? She's moved far away! She deleted her fb account! And her number is non-existant. How will we be able to contact her to say hi, to just check if she's ok??? :-(

It feels like my world has turned upside down...

Here's some pics of my gorgeous cousin: (ignore any dates on the pics... these pics are all recent - within the past 2months)



~~~~On a brighter note - we went away for the weekend. We left on thursday, and got home this morning. It was awesome! I had such a great time with my hubby, my friend and her bf... They are awesome people! 
Took my simply slim for 3 days last week. Thought it would be best if I left it over the weekend because you aren't supposed to drink alcohol on those tabs... So I will officially start it again tomorrow.

I'm going to call it a day - It's been a rough one! 
Have a great week everyone! Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment