http://www.blogcatalog.com/directory/personal A Day in the Life of 'the' Ugly Girl: In Demand, for a change...

Welcome to My World

You might be wondering why I chose such a title for my blog?
There is a lot of things people don't know about me... I have a lot of 'inward' struggles that I go through day-to-day. I'm sure most people do. But I need a release place; a place I can go to when I feel 'under the weather', a place where no one can judge me, a place where I can feel safe. And so I've created this little place.

Thanks for taking a bit of time out of your day, to take a step into my head... x

Saturday, January 16, 2010

In Demand, for a change...

I've been quiet for a few days... just haven't had the time to post - but I'll update quick.

I went yesterday(friday) morning for a 2nd opinion on my lower back pain, etc as i was still so sore and couldn't take it anymore. After more tests, etc, turns out I have a bladder infection that went into my kidneys- kidney infection. Atleast now, I'm on the right medication, and am on my way to feeling alot better.

Last night, a friend and her new bf came over - had such an awesome time. Braaied, went through 3litres of Wine between her and myself, lol, danced, played a bit of guitar hero, etc. It was really great!!! Looks like we'll be visiting alot more, as her bf and my hubby get along really well. which is awesome! I said in the beginning of the year - this is the year for NEW friendships...and its happening!

Today we're having a pool party at my place from 2ish with a few of our friends. So it's gonna be another alcoholic-calorie fest - bang goes my calorie restricting. But i will do my best to make up for it afterwards.

You know, last year, it was always hubby & I doing the inviting - wherever we went - clubs, or if we were just having a house party, etc. No one really invited us out. But so far, this year, everyone is inviting us to parties, etc. We are in demand for some or other reason. Maybe it's got to do with the fact of our new friendship circles that we're in. Real friends that we have made. Not people who say they are friends, but turns out they just want something from us. I like it!


Now to just lose this damn weight, so that I don't feel out when the camera clicks.... All these hotties and then the blob! It's so true. I'll post some pics of my cousins welcome back party we had last week - then you'll see. My friends are gorgeous!



Anyway, time for me to end this post - have to get ready for the party this afternoon.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment